On behalf of the staff, physicians and volunteers of Grand River Hospital, I would like to welcome you to our website.
Grand River Hospital provides 14 clinical programs and services to the people of the Waterloo Region and Wellington County. Our staff members take a great deal of pride in meeting the care needs of patients in our communities.
We’re fortunate to work with a number of exceptional partners to meet patients’ care needs. Along with St. Mary’s General Hospital, we share the responsibility for specialized hospital programs for Waterloo Region residents and those in our surrounding communities. We also work with the Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre to ensure patients receive support in the community before and after their hospital care.
Our key goal is to constantly improve the quality of care we provide. We are dedicated to implementing a range of practices that improve accessibility, patient safety, and a patient’s experience with us.
Grand River Hospital is making progress in many other areas. These are just a few examples:
- We offer significant services to patients with kidney disease. Our regional renal program works closely with hospitals across Waterloo and Wellington to offer satellite services to people outside of our two largest sites;
- Our growing critical care program provides services for patients from across our region and the province;
- We are expanding our role in mental health, with the addition of specialized mental health beds and services at our Freeport Site as well as significantly enhanced acute programs for adults, adolescents and children at our KW Site;
- Our cancer centre is consistently recognized as one of the best in Ontario, with fast access to surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy;
- Our childbirth service delivers over 4,300 babies a year, with mothers indicating better than 90 per cent satisfaction with the care they’ve received;
- We are a baby-friendly hospital, having achieved the World Health Organization’s baby-friendly designation in 2009; and
- While we have challenges in terms of patient volume, we are doing much more to improve patient flow at the hospital and help people receive the services they need after their stay at Grand River.
At Grand River Hospital, we're always at work implementing new ideas that not only enhance the care we provide, but that best utilize the resources we have. We strive to provide quality patient care in a timely manner. It's a challenge, but our staff, physicians, and volunteers meet that challenge every day.
As always, you are the best judge of how we are meeting the needs of our community. We would like you to share your thoughts, concerns and ideas to make our hospital even better. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com or call our patient relations coordinator, Mary Beth MacDonald, at 519-749-4300 ext. 2966.
We look forward to hearing from you.
President and CEO