Kitchener-Waterloo is located in southwestern Ontario within close proximity to Toronto, London and Hamilton. The region offers:
- A diversified economy in the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle, with plenty of employment opportunities;
- Affordable housing;
- A range of natural and recreational activities; and
- An exciting and diverse academic environment.
Waterloo Region offers a four-season climate. Summers are warm, with temperatures in the high 20 degree Celsius range. We receive a moderate amount of snow during the winter, making outdoor activities like skiing, snowshoeing and skating possible. Green spaces are beautiful in the spring, and give way to a range of colours as the fall approaches.
We offer a mix of manufacturing, high-tech, financial services and other sectors. Several financial services firms base significant portions of their workforce in Waterloo Region. Several technology companies (including Blackberry) are based in the region. While the automobile manufacturing sector has seen declining employment, it continues to have a significant presence in the region.
Kitchener-Waterloo is home to the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University as well as award winning Conestoga College. University of Waterloo and the City of Kitchener were pivotal in establishing the new health sciences campus - home to the UW School of Pharmacy - and is positioned to become an innovative centre focused on medicine and health that will infuse education, diagnostics, treatment, research, and commercial applications in dramatic new ways. Also close by are Hamilton’s McMaster University and the University of Guelph.
Fun and leisure
Waterloo Region offers a wide range of activities, shopping and dining for all ages.
We have several museums including:
Our state of the art athletic facilities include:
- Doon Heritage Crossroads;
- Waterloo Region Children’s Museum;
- Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery; and
- Woodside National Historic Site of Canada.
We offer several family-friendly attractions such as:
- RIM Park;
- Kitchener Memorial Auditorium; and
- Waterloo Recreation Complex.
Our musical and arts providers include:
- Chicopee Ski Club and Tube Park; and
- Several golf courses – Grey Silo, Rockwood, Rebel Creek, Whistle Bear.
Each season is filled with exciting events and festivals such as:
- KW Symphony;
- KW Little Theatre;
- Centre in the Square; and
- The Theatres of St. Jacobs.
You can also explore thousands of acres of parks and trails which include:
- Waterloo Ice Dog Festival;
- Kitchener Blues Festival;
- Uptown Waterloo Jazz Festival;
- Wonders of Winter; and
- Waterloo Busker Festival.
- Waterloo Park;
- Victoria Park;
- Grand River Conservation Area; and
- Walter Bean Grand River Trail.
Here are some sites you may use when relocating to the Kitchener-Waterloo Region: