The Complex Continuing Care Program is located at the Freeport Site of Grand River Hospital, at 3570 King Street East in Kitchener.
Complex continuing care consists of several programs that provide interdisciplinary assessment, treatment and monitoring for those living with or recovering from chronic illnesses.This is primarily an inpatient program offered at GRH's Freeport Site.
Some of our programs are as follows:
- Geriatric assessment unit: this inpatient service is designed for frail seniors who require an inpatient admission to receive comprehensive interdisciplinary geriatric assessment and treatment. This unit is available at 519-749-4300 extension 8313;
- Neurobehavioural unit: offers specialized assessment and treatment for adults living with age-related conditions that may include dementia. This unit is available at 519-749-4300 extension 8313;
- General complex medical: this is an inpatient resource for individuals with chronic and complex illnesses who require a range of therapeutic services and technologies that are not readily available in the community. This unit is available at 519-749-4300 extension 8312;
- Chronic ventilator/respiratory: provides highly specialized care for individuals with complex and chronic respiratory conditions including those individuals who require a ventilator. This unit is available at 519-749-4300 extension 8319;
- Restorative care: provides slower-paced inpatient therapy to improve an individual’s functional ability, quality of life, and return safely to the community. This unit is available at 519-749-4300 extension 8312; and
- Palliative care: supports individuals and families through their end of life journey. This unit is available at 519-749-4300 extension 8319.
If you or someone you know could benefit from the programs we offer and would like more information, we would ask you to speak with your family doctor first as our services are provided based on a physician’s referral.
For more general inquiries, you are welcome to call the office of patient access and flow at 519 -749-4300 ext 5985 or fax 519-749-4326.
For care providers, we encourage you to visit our page for program descriptions and admissions forms to assist your patients.