|Inpatient pharmacy services|
Grand River Hospital’s inpatient pharmacy serves the hospital’s clinical programs and services at the KW and Freeport Sites.
Provided by more than 60 staff including pharmacists, technicians, a pharmacy buyer and secretary, our pharmacists are paired with the hospital’s various clinical programs so that they are involved in direct patient care activities as members of the care teams. They also provide education and/or treatment services in the renal and cancer programs.
We have an automated robot that dispenses accurate medications and doses for all inpatients.
Commitment to education:
We believe in fostering the growth and knowledge of our staff through regular inservices, providing funding for educational events, and by offering mentorship/preceptorship for pharmacy and pharmacy technician students.
Our pharmacy service is affiliated with the University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy and we support a cooperative position for each term. Teaching opportunities exist through guest lectures or participating in a shared role that includes a clinical assistant professor.
- Leaders in the provision of patient focused seamless care.
- Committed to efficient, safe medication practices.
- Driven by innovation, collaboration and education.
- For general department information, please contact extension 2225
- For the department secretary, please call extension 2124
- For co-op student inquiries and employment opportunities; please visit the careers section of our website.