GRH’s pharmacy provides a critical service to the hospital’s patients.
If approved, the existing inpatient pharmacy area would be renovated to better meet the medication management standards required as part of Accreditation Canada and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada (ISMP Canada).
Aspects of the project would include:
- Increasing space for better storage and segregation of the various drug products and supplies;Creating appropriate space for receiving and unpacking medications and other supplies;
- Improving functional relationships and flow of operations within the department which would increase operation efficiencies;
- Meeting specifications for clean room set up as per USP 797 standards, enhancing staff safety and product sterility and stability;
- Adhering to the new legislation USP 1066 recommended by ISMP Canada which addresses the issues of distraction, noise, workflow thus increasing accuracy and patient safety; and
- Improving the work environment to include a workspace for staff and students.