Grand River Hospital is the regional provider of renal (kidney) services for patients of the Waterloo-Wellington Local Health Integration Network, LHIN three. The renal program is one of the largest within a community hospital. If you are having a renal emergency:
Our program provides a continuum of services that include:
- Contact 911; or
- Go to your nearest emergency department.
We’re happy to provide more information that may be helpful for patients and their families. These include:
- The renal clinic, located at Grand River Hospital’s KW Site and Guelph General Hospital medically supports the management of pre-end stage kidney disease and transplant work-up;
- The peritoneal dialysis clinics, located at Grand River Hospital’s KW Site and Guelph General Hospital, medically support the management of peritoneal dialysis at home;
- A full care in-centre hemodialysis unit, at Grand River Hospital’s KW Site, supports inpatient and outpatient services allowing patients to manage parts of their care;
- A home hemodialysis program allows patients to manage their care in their home by completing home hemodialysis training;
- Three satellite units to support dialysis patients in the Guelph, south Kitchener and Palmerston areas.
- Support for patients who require hemodialysis care from St. Mary’s hospital’s cardiovascular intensive care unit (CVICU).