The purpose of the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is to engage and partner with patients and their families/caregivers, gather their advice on advancing a patient-centred approach, and improve the patient experience through system redesign across the cancer journey. The cancer centre is committed to hearing the voices of patients and their families/caregivers.
What does PFAC do?
As a PFAC member, you will be asked to:
- Share personal cancer care experiences in a variety of mediums
- Vocalize and provide insight into patient interests, needs and backgrounds beyond your own experience
- Provide input and make recommendations based on your experience of the cancer care system
- Advise on strategies for actively partnering with patients in designing, planning and improving health care services
- Review evaluation methods to help define the success of system-level interventions
- Assist with achieving clarity around the discussion topics and meeting objectives
Council members are required to participate in an orientation, monthly meetings, discussions, focus groups and surveys.
How do I join?
If you would like more information on the PFAC, please contact us at PFAC@grhosp.on.ca
Be an advisor and help transform the patient and family experience. Share you're voice... we're listening!
Interested in helping shape cancer care at a provincial level?
Cancer Care Ontario is now recruiting patient and family advisors from Waterloo Wellington region to join their community. Learn more here (opens in new window).