Who are we?
The Waterloo Wellington Regional Cancer Program (WWRCP) is a network of partnerships made up of healthcare professionals and organizations that provide cancer care across Waterloo Region, Wellington County and the southern portion of Grey County. The WWRCP is responsible for cancer prevention, screening and care delivery under the leadership of Cancer Care Ontario Regional Vice President Judy Linton.
What do we do?
Together the partners are responsible for implementing provincial standards and programs for cancer care and ensuring service providers meet the requirements and targets set by Cancer Care Ontario. The program responds to local issues, coordinates care across local and regional healthcare providers, and works to continually improve access to care, quality, and wait times.
Waterloo Wellington Regional Cancer Plan
The Waterloo Wellington Regional Cancer Plan has a clear focus on improving services within our community, and ultimately providing individuals with the best care through their entire cancer experience. This plan will help our region develop and deliver improved cancer services. Our community will benefit from a focused and collaborative effort that will allow for streamlined services to be in place that will best meet the needs of individuals and their families.
Read our plan below.
Our partners include:
Regional cancer centre:
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital
- Guelph General Hospital
- Grand River Hospital
- Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- North Wellington Health Care Corporation
- Louise Marshall Hospital
- Palmerston & District Hospital
- St. Mary’s General Hospital
Other partners in care:
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Cancer Care Ontario
- Community Care Access Centre
- Hospice of Waterloo Region
- Hospice Wellington
- Lisaard House
- Local Health Integration Network
- Look Good Feel Better
- Ontario Breast Screening Program sites
- Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
- Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
- Wellspring Grand River
- University of Waterloo (Well-Fit, Research)
- Palliative Care Network/Hospice Palliative Care/KW Hospice Palliative Care Team
- Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Primary care providers
- Region of Waterloo Public Health
To learn more about regional cancer programs across Ontario, visit the Cancer Care Ontario website (opens in new window).
How are we doing?
A snapshot of cancer trends in the Waterloo Wellington Regional Cancer Program is summarized in the Cancer System Quality Index (CSQI) 2015 report for Waterloo Wellington LHIN (opens in new window).
Prevention and screening
Our regional cancer program includes a focus on cancer prevention and screening. Cancer Care Ontario reports that approximately 50 per cent of cancers can be prevented or detected early before they become a health problem. Click on the links below to learn about cancer prevention and screening programs offered by the province.