All moms are encouraged to have their partner or a designated support person with them at all times, in all situations. Our visiting hours are based on the requests of our mothers, the care that they require during different stages of childbirth and in consideration of their need for rest and teaching. Please share this information with your friends and relatives before you come to the hospital to ensure you receive the rest and care that you deserve.
Before your baby is born (if you are in hospital during pregnancy): 8 am to 11 pm
- In addition to your support person, a maximum of two friends or family members may visit during visiting hours.
- Your children may visit during visiting hours as long as they are with and supervised by an adult at all times.
While you are in the childbirth triage care area: anytime
- Only your partner or designated support person may be with you due to space restrictions. No children please.
While you are in labour: anytime
- Two people - in addition to the designated support person/partner - may be with each patient at a time. One of these visitors may rotate with other waiting family members.
After your baby is born: 12 pm to 2 pm and 4:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Immediately following the baby’s birth, in addition to the designated support person, friends and family who have been in the family waiting room are welcome to visit for 10-15 minutes. Then they will be asked to return to visit during regular visiting hours.
- Two people may visit in addition to the baby’s brothers and sisters and your support person during regular visiting hours. Siblings under 14 must always be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- For infection control reasons, the only children permitted at any time are the brothers and sisters of the newborn. These children need to be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times. Visitors over the age of 14 are considered adult visitors.
When your visitors arrive, they will have to speak with childbirth reception staff by using the phone located on the wall outside the unit. Staff will help your visitors locate you.