Our medicine program has visiting hours from 7:30 am to 8:30 pm seven days a week, with 24 hour visiting allowed by patient preference and need.
Talk to a nurse if you need to come in at a different time. Rest is an important part of recovery.
Please note that:
- Only two visitors are allowed to be with a patient at any one time;
- The hospital reserves the right to approach visitors regarding noise, length of visits, food and beverages brought in, communicable diseases and patient schedules;
- We ask visitors not to bring flowers or wear scented products such as perfume, cologne, aftershave, hair spray and body washes;
- If a coloured sign is posted outside the patient's room, DO NOT ENTER. Please check with the nursing staff for further information;
- Visitors are expected to comply with any request by staff to leave the patient's room so care can be provided;
- Children supervised by a responsible adult are welcome, however there may be occasions when it is inappropriate for a child to visit. Visitors will be advised accordingly;
- When visiting, please be considerate of other patient's needs;
- Patient and family lounges are located on fifth floor D wing between north and south, and on the eighth floor behind the ABC wing elevators; and
- If you have a cold or feel unwell, do not visit.
We welcome family involvement
Family involvement in a patient’s care is welcomed. If you wish to take part in your family member’s care, ask a staff member about how you can help.
To facilitate effective communication, families are asked to choose a primary contact person. The contact person may call the unit for non-urgent patient updates between 8 am and 4 pm, and 8 pm to 6 am, and share this information with other family members.
How to reach us
To reach the hospital please call 519-749-4300 and ask the receptionist to transfer the call to the following extensions:
- 5D south CTU extension 6910
- 5A ACE extension 2688
- 8 ABC general medicine extension 2342