ION light rail construction is taking place near GRH's KW Campus.
We have on-going updates available below about construction.
In general, please take extra time to visit GRH's KW Campus. You can also find construction updates and traffic alerts at:
Our access routes to the KW Campus are as follows:
From north Waterloo (Bridgeport and Weber)
- Take Weber to Union Street;
- Turn right on Union, and drive to King Street West;
- Turn left on King Street West; and
- Drive to the emergency entrance at Pine Street or the main entrance.
King Street south has also re-opened through Uptown Waterloo, and provides an additional route to travel to the hospital.
From south Kitchener (EG: Victoria and Westmount):
- Take Victoria Street to Park Street;
- Take Park Street to Mount Hope Street;
- Turn right on to Mount Hope Street and drive to King Street West; and
- Turn right on King Street West and drive to the emergency entrance at Pine Street or the main entrance.
From north Kitchener (EG: Victoria and Weber):
- Take Victoria Street to Weber Street South
- Take Weber Street to Wellington Street North
- Turn left on Wellington Street North and travel to King Street West;
- Turn right on King Street West and drive to either the main driveway or the emergency entrance at Pine Street... both of which will be on your left
Other construction updates are available below.
ION light rail update: Thursday August 11thAugust 11, 2016
Work continues on the ION light rail line near GRH. Here are two upcoming projects that may affect your trip to GRH.
ION light rail construction updates for AugustAugust 5, 2016
GRH has several updates on ION light rail construction near the KW Campus.
Photos: ION construction at GRHJune 16, 2016
Take a look at progress being made through more than a year of ION light rail construction near GRH's KW Campus
ION light rail update: emergency entrance open during construction; main entrance re-openedJune 13, 2016
Crews are now working at the King and Pine intersection, which is the emergency department access to GRH's KW Campus. The emergency entrance and intersection will be open at all times during construction. Crews plan to work on half of the intersection at a time. This will allow traffic to continue flowing at this key access point to the hospital.
Mini trenches and steel plates support traffic access to hospitalJune 3, 2016
GrandLinq is using four mini trenches to maintain access to the busiest hospital in the region at a key intersection through ION light rail construction.
ION Construction underway near GRH KW CampusApril 1, 2015
Grand River Hospital's KW Campus will be a stop on the Region of Waterloo's new ION light rail transit line. Construction is taking place in front of the hospital to build new utility lines and then the rapid transit line itself.