Formal visiting hours are from 7:30 am to 8:30 pm, however, families and other partners in care are welcome 24 hours a day according to patient preference, condition and care needs.
If visitors are interested in bringing pets to the Freeport Campus, please speak with recreation therapy at 519-749-4300 extension 7440 for more information prior to visiting.
Visitors are limited to no more than two people at a bedside at one time. Please note some programs have special visiting hours depending on the needs of their patients.
After hours access is as follows:
For Grand River Hospital's KW Campus (835 King Street West) from 11:00 p.m. to 5:45 a.m.:
- Ensure you have obtained patient consent and be respectful of room-mates;
- Enter through the emergency department and check in with the security office;
- Once checked in, security will notify the clinical area for patient consent;
- Security will escort the visitor(s) to the elevators; and
- Security can be requested to escort the visitor(s) from clinical areas to the exit after hours.
For Grand River Hospital's Freeport Campus (3570 King Street East), visitors will be asked to use the security phone at the main entrance between 8:30 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Grand River Hospital’s switchboard will arrange to have security officers meet the visitor(s) at the door and follow the remaining procedures.
For the childbirth program: visit our childbirth visiting page.
For information on situations and alerts that may affect a potential visit, please go to our news page.