The graduate internship program is a competency-based program with five positions available each year. The program begins in early October and continues for approximately 10 months.
About the program:
- Complete rotations in clinical, community, and administrative settings;
- Receive experience in diabetes and renal care and can request rotations in the following additional areas: medicine, surgery, oncology, pediatrics, ICU, complex continuing care/rehab and mental health;
- Complete a practice-based research project; and
- Be given the opportunity to cover staff vacations at the conclusion of the internship program.
Why choose Grand River Hospital?
- We are one of the largest community hospitals in Ontario with more than 550 beds.
- Our childbirth and renal programs are among some of the largest in Ontario.
- We offer a team focused work environment (people will know your name).
- Preceptors are committed to this program.
- You will have access to an office, computers, and library.
- Most rotations are at one site, but you will have many opportunities to make connections outside the hospital.
Strong consideration will be given to applicants who possess the following;
- Good academic standing (minimum average 70% over the last three years of university, 75% average in advanced dietetics-related courses),
- Strong references,
- Passion for the profession and enthusiasm for learning,
- Strong critical thinking skills,
- Well-developed communication skills,
- Dependable and responsible, and/or
- Organization and time management skills.
Selected applicants will be asked to participate in multiple mini-interviews at the end of February.
What are mini-interviews?
Mini-interviews require each candidate to rotate through approximately six different interview stations. The interview at each station is eight minutes with a two minute transition period, allowing the candidate to advance to the next station, read a question/scenario and prepare. The entire interview cycle is approximately 60 minutes in length.
A fee is payable at the beginning of the program.
Brochure and more information
Hannah Marcus,Dietetic Internship Coordinator
PO Box 9056
835 King St. West
Phone: 519-749-4300, ext. 3756