The first meeting of Waterloo Region MED TECH Bridging the Gap will take place in May at GRH's Freeport Campus.
The day-long event will bring together health and technology sector speakers for a wide-ranging symposium. Topics will include but are not limited to:
- eHealth and innovation in Waterloo Region;
- Secure communications in health care;
- Research and testing innovations in health care environments; and
- Lessons learned from all-digital hospitals.
The event will take place on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. It will happen at the the Sun Life Town Hall auditorium at Grand River Hospital's Freeport Campus located at 3570 King Street East, Kitchener.
Agenda and speakers
You're also welcome to download the following forms in PDF format:
Invited speakers include:
- Gord Agnew, PhD, PEng, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo
- Dr. Mohammed Alarkakia, MD, CCFP, eHealth Lead, Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network (WWLHIN)
- William Charnetski, Chief Innovation Strategist, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC)
- Franck Hivert, President and CEO, Oculys Health Informatics
- Kenneth N. McKay, Chief Scientist, Oculys Health Informatics and, Professor, Faculty of Engineering, University of Waterloo
- Iain Klugman, CEO, Communitech, Waterloo
- Dr. Sonny Kohli, Project Lead Cloud Dx, Internal Medicine & Critical Care, Oakville-Trafalgar Hospital
- Bruce Lauckner, CEO, Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network (WWLHIN)
- Kathleen Lavoie, CMIO and CPO, Grand River Hospital, Kitchener
- Tina Mah, PhD, VP Planning, Performance Management and Research, Grand River Hospital, Kitchener
- Leah Matteis, Manager, Patient Access and Flow, Chatham Kent Health Alliance
- Tetyana Nechyporenko, Medical Informatics Education Lead Humber River Hospital, Etobicoke
- Brendan Seaton, CISSP, CIPP/C, CRISC, President, Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC Health)
- Mark Wilson, Sr. VP and Chief Evangelist, Blackberry, Pleasanton, California
Registration and questions
Please register for the conference here (opens in a new tab). Registration fees are:
- $495 - Registration includes HST and Lunch
- $595 - After May 6, 2016
Please register by May 6th as seating is limited. Refunds are available up to two weeks prior to the event less a $50 administration fee. No refunds will be given after May 11, 2016.
For questions, please contact Dr. Doug Dittmer, Chair, Med Tech Symposium, Medical Director, Rehab, Grand River Hospital at firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizing partners and sponsors
Organizing partners for the event include Grand River Hospital, the Centre for Biotechnology and Bioengineering at the University of Waterloo (CBB), Communitech and the Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network. Oculys Health Informatics is a conference sponsor