GRH is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. At GRH, our privacy and access program regulates how we collect, use, disclose, retain and protect individuals' personal information.
The information you provide about yourself and your family is important to our work at the hospital. We collect and use personal information in order to provide the best services possible to our patients and their families, as well as our staff and external stakeholders.
Personal information is recorded information about an identifiable individual, including:
- the individual's name,
- the individual's home address, or home telephone, facsimile or email,
- information about the individual's age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or family status,
- information about the individual's ancestry, race, colour, nationality, or national or ethnic origin,
- information about the individual's religion or creed, or religious belief, association or activity,
- personal health information about the individual, the individual's blood type, fingerprints or other hereditary characteristics,
- information about the individual's political belief, association or activity,
- information about the individual's education, employment or occupation, or educational, employment or occupational history,
- information about the individual's source of income or financial circumstances, activities or history,
- information about the individual's criminal history, including regulatory offences,
- the individual's own personal views or opinions, except if they are about another person,
- the views or opinions expressed about the individual by another person, and·an identifying number, symbol or other particular assigned to the individual.
How do I get a copy of records containing my personal information?
- If you are seeking to request your personal information, please fill out a FIPPA request form and send it in to the privacy and access office.
How can I correct my personal information?
In the event that GRH has granted an individual access to his or her records of personal information and the individual believes that the personal information is inaccurate or incomplete for the purposes which GRH has collected or used the information, the individual may submit a written request for a correction to the record. Please fill out a correction/addendum of personal information form and send it in to the privacy and access office.