Grand River Hospital’s purchasing department is responsible for the management of Grand River Hospital’s procurement process including the acquisition, distribution, control and disposal of goods, services and equipment necessary to support the activities of the hospital.
Responsibility for all purchasing on behalf of the Hospital is vested in the purchasing manager. Purchasing staff strive to obtain the right goods and services in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
The purchasing department will:
- Work in collaboration with hospital departments to determine source of supply, quantities purchased, delivery schedule and price;
- Administer requests for quotations, proposals, tenders, negotiations and contract awards;
- Develop specifications with user departments as well as arrange for the evaluation of supplies, equipment and services from suppliers;
- Research the marketplace for new products and vendors; and
- Ensure purchasing transactions are completed correctly, efficiently and inexpensively.
We encourage you to review our pages on purchasing which include:
Fair procurement practices
Grand River Hospital (GRH) is committed to fair procurement practices. As part of this commitment GRH has available to contractors a third party hotline. When you have reasonable grounds to believe that you have been solicited for a kickback from a GRH employee, contractor, physician or volunteer you are encouraged to report this through the GRH hotline.
A kickback means any money, fee, commission, credit, gift, gratuity, thing of value, or compensation of any kind which is provided, directly or indirectly, to any GRH employee, contractor, physician or volunteer for the purpose of obtaining favourable treatment in connection with a contract or in connection or a subcontract relating to the procurement of goods or servicesGRH’s hotline can be accessed through the CARE program at Grant Thornton as follows:Telephone: 1-855-484-2273 Email: UseCare@ca.gt.com
Web: GrantThorntonCARE.ca When you use the hotline your report will be forwarded to the Director – Internal Audit at GRH. The Director – Internal Audit is independent of management and reports to the Board of Directors through the Audit Committee. You will receive a case number that will allow communication with you through the hotline website. You can choose to remain anonymous when using this hotline.