The Grand River Regional Cancer Centre offers a wide variety of workshops that address some of the quality of life issues for those living with or affected by cancer. The workshops talk to the emotional, psychological, physical, and practical concerns of the cancer experience. They are free and open to cancer patients and support persons, and are facilitated by supportive care staff and volunteers.
Wellness workshops include:
- Patient orientation
- Strategies for living with fatigue
- Exercising for wellness
- Relaxation strategies
- Healthy eating:
- #1 Maintaining Weight for Wellness
- #2 Current Trends in Nutrition
- #3 Breast Cancer & Nutrition “What You Should Know”
- On the road to quitting smoking
- Helping you cope with the impact of cancer
- Helping you cope with the financial impact of cancer
- New! Music therapy
If you would like to attend a patient orientation session or wellness workshop, you must sign-up ahead of time.
You may register by:
*Note: Please be advised the above email address is only used for the purpose of registering for wellness workshops. If you would like to make an appointment change, please call the cancer centre directly.