Checklist for your first visit:
Wear comfortable clothes and bring:
- A credit card or $1 and $2 coins to pay for parking in the parking garage.
- Someone to wait with you and support you during your visit
- Your patient orientation resource guide
- Your Ontario health card
- The name, address and phone number of your family doctor
- A drug benefit card, if you have one
- Medications you are taking in their original containers
- Any vitamins, minerals, herbal supplements you are taking, in their original containers
- A list of your allergies and sensitivities
- A notebook and pen to record information;
- A list of questions you may have for the doctor or nurse
- A drink and/or snack from home. Or you may choose to purchase a snack from the cafeteria or Tim Hortons, both conveniently located on the main level of the Grand River Hospital
- Something to help you pass the time while you wait (a book, knitting, etc.)
Help getting to your treatment sessions
Canadian Cancer Society volunteers are available to help with your transportation needs. Please be advised that the volunteer drivers need 48 to 72 hours notice to arrange a ride for you.
If you need a ride to your appointment at the Grand River Regional Cancer Centre, please contact the Canadian Cancer Society toll-free at 1-800-263-6750.
Patients may be eligible for accommodations. If you are in active treatment at GRRCC and live further than 80 kilometres away, please contact our customer support specialist, at 519-749-4300 ext. 5466.