The purpose of Patient and Family Advisors (PFAs) are to engage and partner with staff to improve the patient experience through system redesign across the cancer journey. The cancer program is committed to hearing the voices of patients, families, and caregivers.
What does a Cancer PFA do?
As a PFA, you will be asked to:
- Share personal cancer care experiences in a variety of mediums
- Vocalize and provide insight into patient interests, needs and backgrounds beyond your own experience
- Provide input and make recommendations based on your experience of the cancer care system
- Advise on strategies for actively partnering with patients in designing, planning and improving health care services
- Review evaluation methods to help define the success of system-level interventions
- Assist with achieving clarity around the discussion topics and meeting objectives
How do I join?
If you would like more information on becoming a PFA with the cancer program, please contact us at CancerPFAC@grhosp.on.ca
Be an advisor and help transform the patient and family experience. Share you're voice... we're listening!
Interested in helping shape cancer care at a provincial level?
Cancer Care Ontario is now recruiting patient and family advisors from Waterloo Wellington region to join their community. Learn more here (opens in new window).