Posted: September 8, 2022
Grand River Hospital and the Region of Waterloo Public Health have declared the COVID-19 outbreak on 6S and 6N, inpatient surgery, over.
Thanks to all who worked diligently to bring this outbreak to an end.
As a reminder to all, in outbreak situations, we immediately implement enhanced protocols:
- Active, enhanced surveillance to identify potential cases and follow-up investigations.
- More frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces in the hospital.
- Education of COVID-19 hospital protocols.
- As part of ongoing risk assessments, continually reviewing our practices and implementing new measures as required.
- Temporarily suspending in-person visits to the unit and working to enhance virtual and phone connections for our patients and families.