In partnership with Region of Waterloo Public Health, we have declared an outbreak of COVID-19 on GR4 South.
Currently, five patients have tested positive. We continue to monitor the situation.
We have implemented a number of enhanced protocols on GR4 South to bring resolution as quickly as possible, including;
- Active, enhanced surveillance to identify potential cases and follow-up investigations.
- More frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces in the hospital.
- We are cohorting staff where possible.
- Education of COVID-19 hospital protocols.
- As part of ongoing risk assessments, continually reviewing our practices and implementing new measures as required.
- Temporarily suspending in person care partner visits for GR4 South and working to enhance virtual and phone connections for our patients and families.
We will continue to provide updates as required.