Posted: May 17, 2023
We and the Region of Waterloo Public Health have declared the COVID-19 outbreak on 5 South, the clinical teaching unit, over.
Thanks to all for your hard work in caring for patients, supporting each other and diligently implementing increased COVID protocols to end this outbreak.
As a reminder to all, in outbreak situations, the hospital immediately implements the following enhanced protocols:
- Enhanced surveillance
- Additional high-touch cleaning
- Universal staff masking when on the clinical unit
- Droplet/contact precautions PPE for interactions with all patients on the unit or transferred off the unit exposed to the outbreak
- Temporarily suspending in person care partner visits to the unit and working to enhance virtual and phone connections for our patients and families.
- Investigating opportunities to cohort COVID positive patients together to support continued operations and follow IPAC principles.