NEW! Introducing the Waterloo Wellington High-Grade Colposcopy Central Referral Program (KW only)
People with a cervix, ages 21-69, with a high-grade cervical cytology test who did not undergo colposcopy within six months of their high-grade abnormal screen date has increased over time in Waterloo Wellington region.
Waterloo Wellington Regional Cancer Program has partnered with Grand River Hospital, St. Mary's General Hospital SCOPE program, and eHealth Centre of Excellence to create a solution! A central referral program is being developed to expedite information transfer and shorten the wait time for high-grade cytology to Colposcopists in our region.
Phase one includes launching the pilot with Colposcopists in KW who perform colposcopy procedures at Grand River Hospital. This launch will take place on September 20, 2023. Phase two will expand this program across Waterloo Wellington region at a later time (to be determined).
How to Refer
The new referral process for high-grade cytology allows referrers (primary care providers, gynaecologists who do do not perform colposcopy procedures, midwives and walk-in/urgent care clinics) to quickly refer using the Ocean eReferral platform.
Not yet on Ocean eReferral? Please contact Alysson Korver at eHealth Centre of Excellence. She will be happy to get your office set up.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-301-4892
Alternatively, a referral form located here(opens in a new window) can be faxed.
New Colposcopy Workflow
Learn about the new program!
Join a Webex session for all referrers and their office staff on:
- WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2023
- 12:10 PM - 1:00 PM
- Register at https://bit.ly/ColposcopyCentralReferral
- Attendees can claim non-certified credits post-webinar
- The session will be recorded and shared post session with attendees or upon request
- Cervical cancer prevention
- Patient marketing
- Central referral resource for you to reduce your admin burden
- The NEW referral process for high-grade cytology
- SCOPE and it's nurse navigator to support you
- Ocean eReferral and how it benefits your office/clinic
- Discussion, Q&A
- Dr. Neil Naik, Regional Primary Care Lead, Waterloo Wellington Regional Cancer Program
- Kimberley Marshall, Nurse Navigator, SCOPE
- Alysson Korver, Change Management Specialist, eHealth Centre of Excellence
Please email the Waterloo Wellington Regional Cancer Program at WWRegionalCancerProgram@grhosp.on.ca