During and after pregnancy, and when caring for your new baby, there's a lot to learn! GRH has compiled some resources for you. We hope these are helpful.
Resources at Grand River Hospital
We welcome you to share your appreciation or concerns about your health care experience, knowing that your health care providers are actively listening. Your perspectives offer all of us at GRH a way to learn from your experiences and improve our services.
By beginning the feedback process with your healthcare team, they can immediately respond to your concerns and make changes.
If your concern requires further attention or you feel it should be addressed by someone not directly involved in your care, you’re welcome to contact the clinical manager in the area providing your care or our patient relations office.
GRH Health Care Centre Pharmacy
The pharmacy sells breastfeeding and baby care items. They can also fill prescriptions for you before you go home. Click here for more information about the pharmacy.
- Region of Waterloo Public Health:
- Free online prenatal program for residents of Waterloo Region
- Healthy Babies Healthy Children is a free, voluntary program for pregnant moms and families with young children up to the age of 6. If you are interested, you can call Public Health at 519-575-4400
- Pregnancy and Baby's First Year resource guide
- OMama: Resources on pregnancy, labour and birth, postpartum, and newborn care from Better Outcomes Registry and Network (BORN Ontario)
- Pregnancy and babies from the Canadian Paediatric Society
- Pregnancy information from the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
- La Leche League Canada (breastfeeding/chestfeeding support)
- Breastfeeding Buddies Waterloo Region support group
- Cord blood education resources
- Canadian Mental Health Association- Postpartum depression
- Please click on this link for symptoms and more information of Perinatal Mood Disorders.
- Pregnancy loss resources
Educational videos (each video opens in a new tab)
- Pre-birth virtual tour and information video
- Mom's health after delivery
- Feeding your baby class
- How to care for your baby at home
- How to bathe your baby step-by-step
- Postpartum mental health video from Ottawa Public Health
- Here comes baby video series from Ottawa Public Health
- By Insecption Lifebank: cord blood educational video
- By Insception Lifebank: delivery day instructions