The chief of staff office provides a number of services to support and facilitate the relationship of Grand River Hospital (GRH) and St. Mary’s General Hospital (SMGH) to the professional staff (physicians, dentists and midwives). Our purpose is to work closely with medical leaders, hospital administrative leaders and medical schools to support recruitment, credentialing, career and leadership development planning, orientation and medical education.
835 King St. West, Kitchener, Ontario N2G 1G3
Phone: 519-749-4300 ext. 3892
Dr. Peter Potts, chief of staff, Grand River Hospital and St. Mary’s General Hospital
Lindsay Caroppo, interim medical affairs coordinator, 519-749-4300 ext. 2507, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mirlinda Ahmeti, interim executive assistant, 519-749-4300 ext. 3892, email@example.com
Jacob Alexander, medical education coordinator, 519-749-4300 ext. 2525, firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical leaders at Grand River Hospital
- Anesthesia: Dr. Magid Morgan, common chief GRH/SMGH
- Cardiovascular services: Dr. Brian McNamara, common chief GRH/SMGH
- Complex Continuing Care and Rehab: Dr. Lisa DiNicolo, chief GRH (interim)
- Critical care medicine: Dr. Paul Hosek, interim chief GRH
- Critical care medicine: Dr. Jon Langridge, interim chief SMGH
- Diagnostic imaging: Dr. Derek Karanwal, common chief GRH/SMGH
- Emergency medicine: Dr. Jay Green, common chief GRH/SMGH
- Hospitalist and family medicine: Dr. Phil Kowtecky, common chief GRH/SMGH
- Internal medicine: Dr. Rebecca Van Alstine, common chief GRH/SMGH
- Laboratory medicine: Dr. Dimitrios Divaris, common chief GRH/SMGH (interim)
- Nephrology: Dr. Gerald Rosenstein, chief GRH
- Nuclear medicine: Dr. Richard Dubeau, chief SMGH
- Oncology: Dr. Gregory Knight, chief GRH
- Pediatrics: Dr. Bruno DiGravio, chief GRH
- Psychiatry: Dr. John Heintzman, chief GRH
- Pulmonary services: Dr. Mary Jackson, common chief GRH/SMGH (interim)
- Reproductive medicine: Dr. Stephen Halmo, chief GRH
- Surgery: Dr. Bogdan Paun, common chief GRH/SMGH
Medical staff association
The medical staff association represents physicians on various hospital committees. Meetings provide an open platform for medical staff to ask questions and raise concerns to hospital administration and chief of staff. The association’s president (GRH/SMGH) and vice-president are currently vacant.
All professional staff recruitment is based on an annual board-approved medical resource plan.
To inquire about physician vacancies at GRH/SMGH, please contact:
Lindsay Caroppo, interim medical affairs coordinator
519-749-4300 ext. 2507, email@example.com
Current physician vacancies are posted on the Health Force Ontario Jobs website (opens in new window).