Patients now have the opportunity to complete the preferred accommodation form electronically.
Please print and bring the completed form with you on your next visit to Grand River Hospital OR Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the date of your surgery in the subject field (if known).
Please note: Grand River Hospital does not encourage the transmission of personal information via email, as email transmission is not entirely secure. You may prefer to drop the completed forms to preferred accommodations (located on floor 2C at the KW Campus) at your next visit. If you are comfortable utilizing email – you may choose to do so.
How to complete the form
Please complete the form along with your preferred bed choice Option 1 and 2. Complete all of the highlighted areas.
- OHIP covers ward coverage at no additional cost to the patients that have valid OHIP insurance
- Semi-private and private rooms, you may choose to pay out of pocket or use an eligible insurance plan.
- If you have additional insurance- please complete page 2 of the preferred accommodation form.
- If you choose to pay out of pocket you will receive a bill within 30 days of your discharge date mailed to your address.
If you have any questions or would like to change the type of room you have chosen,
Please call preferred accommodation at 519-749-4300 extension 5985 or email email@example.com
Grand River Hospital offers three types of rooms for hospitalized patients:
|Type of room
|Number of people per room
|Cost (for provincially-insured* residents)
3 or more
$300 a day
(updated July 2022)
$350 a day
(updated July 2022)
- *Provincially-insured residents refer to patients who have valid Ontario Hospital Insurance Plan (OHIP) insurance, or valid insurance from another Canadian province.
- For semi-private and private rooms, you may choose to pay directly or use an eligible insurance plan.
When you are admitted for a hospital stay, we will ask you or your substitute decision maker about:
- What kind of room you prefer;
- Any insurance coverage you may have;
- Your billing information if you do not have insurance coverage and wish to pay privately. The hospital will send you an invoice after you have been discharged; and
- Your current mailing address for billing.
We will make every effort to give you the type of room you prefer. Please note:
- Hospital volume and activity and/or infection prevention and control reasons may prevent us from accommodating your request;
- If you choose a private room and a semi-private is available, you will be charged for the actual room you occupy (no charge applies if you are in a ward room); and
- If you choose a semi-private room and are placed in a private room, you will be charged for the room you selected (no charge applies if you are in a ward room).
For questions or to change the type of room you have chosen, please call our preferred accommodation line at 519-749-4300 extension 5985 (or dial 5985 from a phone in the hospital).