Our medical imaging department offers a wide range of therapeutic and diagnostic exams to service our outpatients, inpatients, and emergency patients.
Patients may bring one care partner. Please call the department at 519-749-4262 in advance of your appointment to make these arrangements or if you have questions.
For more information on each service, please click on the links below. Except as noted, all of these services are provided at our KW Campus at 835 King Street West in Kitchener.
- CT scan
- General x-ray
- Interventional radiology procedures
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Mammography breast imaging (located at the GRH Freeport Campus, at 3570 King Street East in Kitchener)
- Nuclear medicine (in partnership with St Mary’s Hospital)
Access your medical images (x-rays, CT scans, etc) online using PocketHealth.
To access your images, please enroll at www.pocket.health/kitchener
PocketHealth allows you to access your imaging records from Grand River and St. Mary’s General Hospital systems, share imaging in diagnostic quality with your physician or specialist and permanently safely store your records.
There is a fee at the time of enrolment which includes permanent access to all previous imaging as well as any new exams. PocketHealth has two membership options: Flex ($10/month, cancel anytime) and Unlimited ($49/year). Both plans give you:
- Unlimited imaging record requests from any of the 600+ PocketHealth-connected
- Up to 4 additional profiles to manage all imaging records, all in one place.
- Lifetime permanent storage for all imaging records.
- Ability to cancel anytime and continue to access and share your imaging records, hospitals and clinics from any device, without incurring any additional charges.
Plus, with Unlimited you can securely store and share any past imaging from CDs and any health records, including lab results, prescriptions and vaccine receipts.
Cardio respiratory and electrodiagnostic services - CRES (previously special testing)
The cardio respiratory and electrodiagnostic services (previously special testing) unit (CRES) is made up of six labs providing a variety of cardio-respiratory and neurology tests.
All labs are located at Grand River Hospital’s KW Campus, at 835 King Street West in Kitchener.
Looking to refer a patient?
If you're a physician and would like to refer a patient to GRH, visit our referral page for referral forms and more information.Refer a patient/SCOPEFor pregnant patients without a family physician in the KW area and who require an obstetric provider for pregnancy care. Patients must have referral form submitted from KW area walk-in clinic or out of region obstetric provider.