Grand River Hospital (GRH) has 15 clinical programs and services to care for the members of our community.
Below is a list of referral forms for you to refer patients for care. These forms must be completed by a health care professional (i.e. doctor).
If you’re a member of the community and feel that you should be referred for one of these services, please speak with your health care provider.
Referral forms (PDF format unless stated otherwise)
- Outpatient pediatric nutrition referral form
- Outpatient children and adolescent eating disorder program referral form
Complex Continuing Care and Rehabilitation
- Complex continuing care and rehabilitation: Inpatient application form
- Complex continuing care: Neurobehavioural unit/GAU referral form
- Complex continuing care and rehabilitation: Change in status update
- Complex continuing care: Letter of understanding
- NBU/GAU- letter of understanding
- Pain management centre, Freeport Campus: patient referral form for provider use, updated April 2019
- Rehabilitation consent: Letter of understanding
- Rehabilitation: pulmonary rehabilitation physician referral- outpatient, updated June 2018
- Activation/Restoration: Letter of understanding
Communication technology clinic:
- Communication technology clinic: referral package, updated October 2 2017
- Breast imaging, updated 2021
- CT, updated 2021
- MRI, updated 2021
- Nuclear medicine, updated 2023
- Cardio Respiratory & Electrodiagnostic Services (formerly Special Testing), updated 2023
- Ultrasound, updated 2023
- Ultrasound (emergency dept.)
- X-ray/Gastric Minor Fluoroscopic Special Procedures updated 2021
- Community referral to internal medicine (GIMRAC and non-malignant hematology clinic), updated October 2020
- Waterloo Wellington diabetes central intake (this will open an on-line referral form in a new tab)
Mental Health and Addictions
- Adult outpatient referral form updated January 2017
- Child and adolescent outpatient referral form updated May 2018
- Dual Diagnosis Clinic referral form updated 2023
- Specialized mental health adult referral form
- Specialized mental health seniors referral form
Neuro Rehabilitation Clinic
- Neuro rehabilitation clinic: Neuro Rehab Clinic Referral Form
- Outpatient swallowing clinic: Swallowing Referral Form
- IV iron sucrose physician package updated July 2020
- Palliative care/hospice: Referral form [redirects to Home and Community Care Support Services - Waterloo Wellington]
- Notification of CCC, rehab or residential hospice bed vacancy: Notification of bed vacancy
- Status update/program transfer requests form
- CCC palliative and residential hospice program criteria
- WW palliative care units - description of services
- Coordinated bed access for palliative care - process update
Prosthetic and Orthotic Clinic
- Prosthetic and orthotic clinic: Prosthetic and Orthotic Referral Form
Renal (Kidney) Care
- Regional orthopedic referral form (this will open an on-line referral form in a new tab)
Grand River Regional Cancer Centre
If you would like to refer a new patient to the Grand River Regional Cancer Centre/Waterloo Wellington Regional Cancer Program diagnostic assessment programs or would like more information, contact our new patient referrals office at 519-749-4370 extension 5720.
- New patient referral form
- Waterloo Wellington Breast Centre, updated June 27 2018
- Genetic Counselling
- Ontario High-Risk Breast Screening Program
- Lung diagnostic assessment program
- Malignant pleural effusion clinic
- Multidisciplinary cancer conference
- Palliative care
- Waterloo Wellington Coordinated Colonoscopy Access Program
Preparing your patients
Please share the following with your patients before their visit to GRH.
Please inform your patients:
- who their appointment is with;
- the date of their appointment;
- what time they need to arrive for their appointment; and
- where campus their appointment is at.
Please advise patients to bring the following items to their appointment:
- Health card;
- A list of medications they are currently taking;
- Test results from another doctor or hospital (if applicable);
- A family member or support person; and
- A list of questions that they wish to have answered during their visit.
Sending a patient to Grand River Hospital from another facility
This information is intended for other facilities transferring a patient to Grand River Hospital through the bed allocation department.
International patient referrals
Non-Ontario residents and residents without Ontario health insurance are considered self-pay patients. Self-pay patients are required to meet eligibility criteria, complete self-pay financial forms and follow a standard admitting process to be considered to receive care at GRH.
Our patient access and flow department manages all international referrals/requests and supports our patients and families through the application process and delivery of care. All applications are reviewed by our health care professionals to determine if care can be provided at GRH.
For more information regarding an international patient referral, please contact 519-749-4300 extension 4434.