Creating a world class experience for our patients, families, and team members is one of Grand River Hospital’s three strategic goals in our ambitious strategic plan, Aiming High. One of the many ways we make this possible is by placing the patient experience at the heart of everything that we do. This includes listening to and making changes informed by our patients’ experiences.
Starting September 2023, GRH is proud to re-introduce our patient experience surveys in a new digital format in select outpatient clinics. Digital surveying in select adult inpatient and pediatric programs, as well as the Emergency Department will follow later this fall.
What can you expect as a patient?
- Patients receiving care in outpatient clinics will receive a patient survey by email (if you have provided us your email) approximately 3-10 days after discharge.
- Patients in our adult inpatient and pediatric programs will be asked to complete a short survey by scanning a digital QR code (using a smart phone or device) when you are discharged from the hospital or their visit ends.
- We will be moving to email survey distribution in these areas in the future.
If you have questions about our new digital approach, please contact email@example.com
Privacy, Consent and Opt-out Options
- Use of patient emails for purposes of quality improvement – including patient experience measurement - is permitted under GRH’s privacy and confidentiality policies
- Patients may opt out of receiving an emailed patient experience survey at the time of registration, by not consenting to GRH’s use of their email for any reason, including access to the Patient Portal or for accessing Virtual Care. At this point, we are not able to provide patients with the ability to consent to specific email uses.
- Patients may also opt out of receiving future surveys by contacting the Patient Experience program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Survey opt-out information is included in the introductory section of all surveys
- As we move towards robust collecting patient emails across all programs, we will transition towards survey delivery by email, versus QR code access
- Additional information about patient experience measurement is available on the Ontario Hospital Association website (link opens in new tab).