Grand River Hospital, in consultation with Region of Waterloo Public Health, has declared the COVID-19 outbreak on 5A, part of the medicine program, over. We continue to monitor the outbreak on 5S.
Thanks to all for your hard work in caring for patients, supporting each other and diligently implementing increased COVID protocols to bring an end to this outbreak.
As a reminder to all, in outbreak situations, the hospital immediately implements the following enhanced protocols:
- Increased surveillance to identify potential cases and follow-up investigations;
- More frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces;
- Cohorting staff as much as possible;
- Education of patients and families about COVID-19 hospital protocols;
- Continually reviewing our practices and implementing new measures as required, as part of our ongoing risk assessments;
- Temporarily closing admissions to the unit;
- Temporarily suspending in person care partner visits to the unit and working to enhance virtual and phone connections for our patients and families.