Grand River Hospital, in consultation with Region of Waterloo Public Health, has declared an outbreak of COVID-19 outbreak on 5A part of its medicine program. The hospital is actively investigating the situation and monitoring with support from public health.
All affected patients and staff are being contacted.
The hospital has also implemented the following:
- Enhanced surveillance to identify potential cases and follow-up investigations;
- More frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces;
- Cohorting staff as much as possible;
- Education of patients and families about COVID-19 hospital protocols;
- Continually reviewing our practices and implementing new measures as required, as part of our ongoing risk assessments;
- Temporarily closing admissions to the unit;
- Temporarily suspending in person care partner visits to the unit and working to enhance virtual and phone connections for our patients and families.
More information will be provided as the situation develops.
For more information, please contact:
Cheryl Evans, Manager, Communications and Engagement
Cell: (226) 749-0689
Grand River Hospital (GRH) is one of Ontario’s largest community hospitals and provides innovative, quality care to more than 700,000 residents of Waterloo Region and Guelph Wellington.