In partnership with Region of Waterloo Public Health, we have declared an outbreak of COVID-19 on 5S/CTU, part of our medicine program. Currently, three patients have tested positive. We continue to monitor the situation.
We have implemented a number of enhanced protocols on 5S/CTU to bring resolution as quickly as possible, including;
- Active, enhanced surveillance to identify potential cases and follow-up investigations.
- More frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces in the hospital.
- We are cohorting staff to one unit where possible.
- Education of COVID-19 hospital protocols.
- As part of ongoing risk assessments, continually reviewing our practices and implementing new measures as required.
- Temporarily suspending in person care partner visits to the unit and working to enhance virtual and phone connections for our patients and families.
- Temporarily closing admissions to the unit.
We will continue to provide updates as required.