The purchasing department manages Grand River Hospital’s procurement process. This includes the acquisition, distribution, control and disposal of goods, services and equipment necessary to support the activities of the hospital.
Purchasing staff strive to obtain the right goods and services in the most efficient and cost-effective manner:
- Work in collaboration with hospital departments to determine source of supply, quantities purchased, delivery schedule and price;
- Administer requests for quotations, proposals, tenders, negotiations and contract awards;
- Develop specifications with user departments as well as arrange for the evaluation of supplies, equipment and services from suppliers;
- Research the marketplace for new products and vendors; and
- Ensure purchasing transactions are completed correctly, efficiently and inexpensively.
Grand River Hospital adheres to the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act that establishes requirements in the areas of compensation, expenses, perquisites, business documents and procurement, and is designed to improve accountability and transparency across the BPS. To read more about the Act and accountabilities, visit BPSaccountability (opens a new window).
We welcome you to look over our purchasing policies and practices, and contact us if you need more information.