Grand River Hospital offers three types of rooms for hospitalized patients:
|Type of room||Number of people per room||Cost (for provincially-insured* residents)|
3 or more
$247 a day
$290 a day
- *Provincially-insured residents refer to patients who have valid Ontario Hospital Insurance Plan (OHIP) insurance, or valid insurance from another Canadian province.
- For semi-private and private rooms, you may choose to pay directly or use an eligible insurance plan.
When you are admitted for a hospital stay, we will ask you or your substitute decision maker about:
- What kind of room you prefer;
- Any insurance coverage you may have;
- Your billing information if you do not have insurance coverage and wish to pay privately. The hospital will send you an invoice after you have been discharged; and
- Your current mailing address for billing.
We will make every effort to give you the type of room you prefer. Please note:
- Hospital volume and activity and/or infection prevention and control reasons may prevent us from accommodating your request;
- If you choose a private room and a semi-private is available, you will be charged for the actual room you occupy (no charge applies if you are in a ward room); and
- If you choose a semi-private room and are placed in a private room, you will be charged for the room you selected (no charge applies if you are in a ward room).
For questions or to change the type of room you have chosen, please call our preferred accommodation line at 519-749-4300 extension 5985 (or dial 5985 from a phone in the hospital).