Grand River Hospital childbirth program is pleased to offer the following links which we hope you will find helpful (links open in new windows unless otherwise stated):
Patient information handouts
- What you should bring with you to the hospital
- Document that will help you to monitor your baby's movements during pregnancy (Word document)
- Delivering vaginally after a previous caesarean section (VBAC)
Educational videos (each video opens in a new tab)
- Pre-birth virtual tour and information video
- Mom's health after delivery
- How you can feed your baby at home
- How to care for your baby at home
- How to bathe your baby step-by-step
- By Insecption Lifebank: cord blood educational video
- By Insception Lifebank: delivery day instructions
- La Leche League Canada
Encourages, promotes and provides mother-to-mother breastfeeding support and educational opportunities as an important contribution to the health of children, families and society.
- Waterloo Region Public Health
Offers information about breastfeeding, community supports and breastfeeding services.
- Canadian Pediatric Society
- Breastfeeding Inc.
- Breastfeeding Made Simple
- Global Health Media Project
Provides a series of videos to support breastfeeding moms.
- What to expect on baby's second night (opens as PDF)
- Risks associated with taking medication while breastfeeding
- Grand River Hospital Health Care Centre Pharmacy
The Health Care Centre Pharmacy rents/sells breast pumps and offers other breastfeeding aids.
- Unicef UK
Includes information translated to other languages.
- A breastfed baby's health milestones (opens as PDF)
- Breastfeeding Buddies Waterloo Region
- Region of Waterloo Public Health
Key provider of services for new mothers and families in our communities.
- Health Canada is the Public Health Agency of Canada’s Division Childhood and Adolescence
This area is a focal point for policy development, research and strategic analysis of trends regarding broad determinants of health regarding children and youth in Canada.
- Safe sleeping positions for baby and product information (opens as PDF)
- New Dad Manual
Provides information, tools and helpful tips for fathers.
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Network is available to help, with free group and individual peer-support services offered to families across Ontario. There is also a variety of information offered to support your knowledge regarding pregnancy loss and the emotional responses which you may be experiencing.