Information for the General Public including Health Care Workers and First Responders
If you are uncertain about COVID-19 symptoms, please follow this guidance from Region of Waterloo Public Health to complete the self-assessment tool. Click here for the link [opens a new window].
Residents of Kitchener-Waterloo may access COVID-19 testing if they;
- Are experiencing at least one symptom (even if mild),
- Are concerned they have been exposed to COVID-19 (contacts of or may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case), and/or
- Feel they are at risk of exposure through their employment, including essential workers (e.g. grocery store employees, health care workers, etc.)
Please note: The average waiting period for a test result is currently 5-7 days however this is subject to change. All patients with positive results will be contacted by Public Health, otherwise please follow up with your family physician for results following the waiting period.
Grand River Hospital COVID-19 Testing Centre
- Location: 835 King St. W, Kitchener, ON - Entrance 2 (accessible via Park St. between Green St and Mount Hope). Click here for a map [opens a new window]
- Hours of operation: 7:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Call 519-749-4300 ext. 6824 or walk up to the clinic to schedule an appointment (we can accommodate Bell Relay services for the hearing impaired).
- If you are hearing impaired, you can complete our Hearing Impaired Registration form [opens new window] before you arrive at the clinic or one will be provided to you when you arrive.
St. Mary’s General Hospital COVID-19 Testing Centre
- Location: 50 Bathurst Drive, Unit 1, Waterloo
- Hours of operation: 9 am to 5 pm
- Call 519-885-9517 to schedule an appointment