Information for all
Effective September 24, 2020: Ontarians should only seek testing at assessment centres if you are:
- Showing COVID-19 symptoms;
- Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by your public health unit or exposure notification through the COVID Alert app;
- A resident or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by your local public health unit; and
- Eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
Please go to the Region of Waterloo Public Health website for more information about COVID-19 symptoms, and complete the self-assessment tool. Click here for the link [opens a new window]. If you are unable to leave your home for testing due to a medical condition, speak to your health care provider or call an assessment centre.
All patients with positive results will be contacted by Public Health, otherwise please follow up with your family physician.
To access your COVID-19 test results (for those with a valid Ontario Health card):
- Go to Ontario.ca/covid19 [will open in new window]
- Click on “Check your lab results” on the right side of the page.
- Fill in the information required. You will need a valid (green) Ontario health card.
- Select “Verify patient” and follow the instructions.
- For those without a valid Ontario health card, staff will let you know how you can access your results.
When will I get my results? We are starting to increase the number of swabs we can process in our own hospital lab and some of our testing is reported in less than 24 hours. Most tests (approximately 85%) are completed within 48 hours, however it can take up to 72-96 hours depending on the volume of tests that need to be completed.
Grand River Hospital COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Centre - 137 Glasgow St. (in the Catalyst parking lot)
Map [opens in a new window]
- Hours of operation: testing of residents will happen from 7:30 am to 6 pm (subject to change)
- The clinic may close at times due to poor weather - if this happens, we will post the information here and on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Appointments are required.
- Residents who require testing must pre-register here for the following day. If you need assistance to register, you can call 226-747-5049.
- Please do not enter the Catalyst building – follow the directions of the security staff who will be on-site to support you
- If you do not have an Ontario health card: please fill out this form and send to Grand River Hospital's health information management department by fax at 519-749-4311, or by scanning and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your results released. This form is necessary to release health information.
- Please note: GRH is not able to expedite test results for any reason including travel, medical procedures or visitation requirements at long-term care or retirement homes.
St. Mary’s General Hospital COVID-19 Testing Centre
- Location: 50 Bathurst Drive, Unit 1, Waterloo
- Hours of operation: 9 am to 5 pm
- Call 519-885-9517 to schedule an appointment
Cambridge-North Dumfries Community COVID-19 Assessment Centre (at Cambridge Memorial Hospital)
- Location: 700 Coronation Blvd, Cambridge
- Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Monday to Friday), 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (weekends and holidays)
- Appointment is necessary. To schedule or cancel an appointment:
- call 519-740-4975
- email email@example.com
- call 519-740-4975
Download the COVID Alert App today!
The Government of Canada has launched a free app called COVID alert, that can help us break the cycle of infection. The app works by letting people know of possible exposures to COVID-19 before any symptoms appear. The more people who download the app, the more effective it will be in stopping the spread of COVID-19. The app does not obtain or use your personal information. Your privacy is protected.
To learn more about the app visit www.canada.ca