The GRH difference
At Grand River Hospital (GRH), our people are essential! We’re one of Ontario’s largest community hospitals, providing patient-centred care to Waterloo Region, Wellington County, and Southwestern Ontario, and we couldn’t do it without our 3,600+ highly skilled and dedicated team members, over 600 professional staff (such as physicians and midwives) and over 1,000 volunteers.
GRH is a community teaching hospital and annually hosts over 1000 learners from across Canada and internationally. GRH has formal partnerships with Conestoga College, the University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy and the McMaster University Faculty of Health Sciences, including the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine – Waterloo Regional Campus, with a dedicated simulation lab for medical learners at our KW Campus.
Grow your career at Waterloo Region’s largest hospital and be part of a progressive organization full of great opportunities with a culture that values compassion, innovation, and a positive attitude. GRH is a place where you can truly make a difference – one patient at a time.
Benefits we offer
Our most important asset is our people. That’s why we provide a variety of benefits to enhance the health and well-being of our employees and families, including:
- Opportunities for growth, promotion, and a rewarding life-long career across our 15 specialized clinical programs, and corporate departments;
- Great pension plans for a financially-secure retirement;
- Comprehensive benefits to support and enhance the well-being of our employees and their families;
- Employee and Family Assistance Program that offers free and confidential counselling on a wide range of topics, for employees and their immediate family members;
- Professional development through education and training opportunities, including our Learning Development Fund for qualifying educational programs/courses;
- Opportunities to participate in clinical research through our Office of Innovation and Research;
- GRH Social Club and discounted prices for movies, family events, and attractions;
- Other community discounts and access to opportunities as a GRH health care worker.
Living and working in Waterloo Region
Grand River Hospital’s two main campuses are located in beautiful Kitchener, Ontario. Our KW Campus houses our primary acute care services and is located in downtown Kitchener, just minutes from the vibrant Kitchener city core.
Freeport Campus, in south Kitchener close to Highway 401 and the City of Cambridge, is the home of our specialized mental health program, complex continuing care and rehabilitation, outpatient services and breast screening.
GRH also has smaller satellites located in Guelph and Palmerston.
Waterloo Region is a vibrant place to live, work and play! Over half a million people call Waterloo Region home, and it’s one of Ontario’s fastest growing communities. The Province of Ontario is also investing in Waterloo Region as a Places to Grow community in the Greater Golden Horseshoe area. The tri-cities (Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge) are conveniently located on highway 401 between Toronto, London, and Hamilton – all only a short driving distance away.
The region is built on a rich history and known for its technical innovation and educational opportunities – home to two internationally-renowned universities and one of Ontario’s fastest growing colleges. Whether you're a busy professional, a parent with a young family or a retiree, Waterloo Region has a neighbourhood to suit your taste and style from an urban city metropolitan lifestyle to a scenic rural way of life.
Explore Waterloo Region!
The following sites may be helpful if you are planning to relocate to the Kitchener-Waterloo Region. Links open in a new window.
- The City of Waterloo
- The City of Kitchener
- Explore Waterloo Region
- City of Kitchener Visitor Information Centre
- Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Relocation Systems
- The Real Estate Book
- The Waterloo Region Record Newspaper’s website
- Waterloo Region District School Board
- Waterloo Catholic District School Board
- Waterloo EDC
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Waterloo
- Conestoga College
- Region of Waterloo International Airport