Grand River Hospital, in consultation with Region of Waterloo Public Health, has declared the COVID-19 outbreak on 3D North (inpatient children’s) over.
GRH would like to think our staff for their work in bringing an end to this outbreak. Their work caring for patients, supporting each other and diligently implementing increased COVID protocols, is greatly appreciated.
As a reminder to all, in outbreak situations, the hospital immediately implements the following enhanced protocols:
- Increased surveillance to identify potential cases and follow-up investigations;
- More frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces;
- Cohorting staff as much as possible;
- Education of patients and families about COVID-19 hospital protocols;
- Continually reviewing our practices and implementing new measures as required, as part of our ongoing risk assessments;
- Temporarily closing admissions to the unit;
- Temporarily suspending in person care partner visits to the unit and working to enhance virtual and phone connections for our patients and families.