Grand River Hospital and the Region of Waterloo Public Health have declared the COVID-19 outbreak on 8ABC, part of the medicine program, over.
Thanks to all who worked diligently to bring this outbreak to an end.
As a reminder to all, in outbreak situations, we immediately implement enhanced protocols:
- Increased surveillance to identify potential cases and follow-up investigations;
- More frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces;
- Cohorting staff as much as possible;
- Education of patients and families about COVID-19 hospital protocols;
- Continually reviewing our practices and implementing new measures as required, as part of our ongoing risk assessments;
- Temporarily suspending in person care partner visits to the unit and working to enhance virtual and phone connections for our patients and families.