Grand River Hospital was pleased to accept the 2022 Business of the Year, 50+ employees on behalf of its 6000 team members at the Greater Kitchener-Waterloo Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards.
This is a designation that was earned through the dedication, courage and passion of Grand River Hospital team members who have continuously put the lives of others ahead of their own interests and have achieved more than we ever thought possible in support of the health and wellness of our community during a global pandemic.
“This award is truly a reflection of our team who have worked tirelessly, yet have remained laser focused on ensuring high quality care for those they serve,” says Ron Gagnon, President and CEO of Grand River hospital. “To be recognized in a community that is known for its achievements and innovations is very humbling. However, to accept this award on behalf of the GRH team makes this recognition even more meaningful and rewarding.”
Included in the achievements noted:
- Grand River Hospital team members supported the Region’s COVID-19 response by providing more than 228,000 COVID-19 tests for the community.
- Team members in the Grand River Hospital lab supported regional testing by resulting more than 358,000 COVID-19 tests sent from across Waterloo Region communities.
- The GRH-led Pinebush Vaccine Clinic administered more than 320,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to the community.
- Grand River Hospital opened and managed a regional supply hub that distributed personal protective equipment and other health supplies to health care organizations across most of Ontario, supporting their ability to stay safe and to provide safe care.
- The hospital continually seeks out opportunities to support future health care providers and live up to its commitment to be a destination for learners through a growing number of programs that provide students with training, mentoring and learning in a hospital environment. These programs supported 750 student learners in 2020.
- GRH teams have made innovation a priority with the hospital formalizing this commitment through partnerships that support local established organizations and start-ups to test new and innovative health inventions and solutions in hospital settings for the benefit of all involved.
“We believe that we can only achieve our vision of becoming a world class health system to support healthier lives when we collaborate with strong community organizations and partners whose mission, vision and values align with our own,” says Gagnon. “We celebrate our team’s ingenuity, passion and courage and will continue to collaborate with partners to enhance the services provided across the health system to better serve our community.”
For more information, please contact:
Cheryl Evans, Manager, Communications and Engagement
Grand River Hospital
Grand River Hospital (GRH) is one of Ontario’s largest community hospitals and provides innovative, quality care to more than 700,000 residents of Waterloo Region and Guelph Wellington.
Twitter @GRHospitalKW | Youtube: griverhosp | Facebook and Linkedin: Grand River Hospital