The outbreak has been isolated t o1F and we have implemented a number of enhanced protocols on 1F to bring resolution as quickly as possible, including;
- Active, enhanced surveillance to identify potential cases and follow-up investigations.
- More frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces in the hospital.
- Cohorting staff to one unit where possible.
- Education of COVID-19 hospital protocols.
- As part of ongoing risk assessments, continually reviewing our practices and implementing new measures as required.
- Limiting admissions as much as possible and if admitted, ensuring patients are cohorted geographically with non exposed staff in collaboration with Infection, Prevention and Control and Occupational Health teams.
- Limiting care partner visits to exceptions only.
We will continue to provide updates as the situation changes.