At Grand River Hospital we are committed to protecting your privacy. We value your personal health information (PHI) and manage it with respect and sensitivity.
GRH’s privacy program operates under two main laws: the Personal Health Information Protection Act (opens in new window) and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (opens in new window). There are 10 important privacy principles that form the basis of the legislation.
Our privacy program controls how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal health information. We believe it is important for you to know about this process.
Here are some frequently asked questions related to privacy.
Why do we collect your PHI?
Grand River Hospital collects your PHI and uses it to provide you with the best possible care. It may also be necessary to collect your information from other health care facilities you have visited.
Besides treatment, how do we use your PHI?
- As mandated, for the purposes of billing and statistics.
- To support provincial electronic health record initiative, as mandated.
- To support approved research projects with your consent
- Provide effective teaching and quality improvement initiatives
When do we disclose your Personal Health Information?
When requested by a third party, provided you have consented to the disclosure. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, except when required by law.
We also disclose your personal information for the following services at Grand River Hospital. You can opt out of any of the disclosures below. Please notify the registrar, your nurse or contact the Privacy and Access Office (contact info below) to opt out of:
- Our patient directory;
- Grand River Hospital Foundation (Fundraising); and/or
- Your faith community affiliation (Spiritual Care).
How does the hospital protect my privacy and the confidentiality of my personal information?
- We provide treatment areas that allow for confidential conversation, wherever possible.
- We employ physical and technical safeguards to ensure that our electronic systems are secure.
- We have privacy policies and procedures in place and we educate our staff on these policies.
- We conduct random and requested audits to ensure that your PHI is only viewed by people who need to see it in order to provide care to you.
How can I make a correction to my personal health record?
We make every effort to keep your personal health record as correct as possible. If you think there maybe something inaccurate in your personal health record, please contact the Privacy and Access office at the number below.
How can I report a privacy concern or get more information?
We will look into any problems you may have with our privacy practices and take action to address your concerns. If you have any questions, please call our Privacy Office at (519) 749-4275 or email us at email@example.com. GRH’s chief privacy officer can also be contacted at this number or email address.
For more information, ask for a copy of our privacy brochure at patient registration, the information desk or various places within the hospital.