Grand River Hospital is committed to connecting you with the right supports, to ensure you receive the right care at the right time. Some pregnancies end in loss and it is important for women who have experienced a miscarriage or stillbirth to have access to the care they need.
What is a Miscarriage?
Miscarriage is the unplanned ending of a pregnancy before 20 weeks gestation. Often the exact cause of a miscarriage cannot be determined and can be a great source of stress and anxiety.
Helpful Online Resources
Pregnancy and Infant Loss Network is available to help, with free group and individual peer-support services offered to families across Ontario. There is also a variety of information offered to support your knowledge regarding pregnancy loss and the emotional responses which you may be experiencing.
Pregnancy and Infant Loss Resources in Waterloo Wellington Region
- Shannon Golletz, MSc – 519-781-7207 or www.lifeaftermiscarriage.ca **not accepting new referrals until September 2019
- Lisa Aldworth, MSW, RSW – 519- 342-3551 or www.lisaaldworthcounselling.co...
- Leah Neumann, MSW, RSW, LCSW – 226-777-0951 https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/therapists/leah-neumann-waterloo-on/87989
- Kathryn Wagner, MSW, RSW – 519-242-4672
- Cardinal Counselling & Meditation - 519-746-9062
- Carizon Family and Community Services - 519-743-6333
- Interfaith Community Counselling - 519-662-3092
- Kitchener-Waterloo Counselling - 519-884-0000
- Bereaved Families of Ontario - 519-603-0196
- Amongst Friends (Henry Walser Funeral Home) - 519-749-8467
- Living with Loss (Westmount Funeral Home) - 519-743-8900
- People Needing People (Erb and Good Funeral Home) - 519-745-2195
- Waterloo Region PAIL (Pregnancy and Infant Loss) - www.facebook.com/WaterlooPAIL/
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group – The Wellness Collaborative (Guelph) – 519-242-4672