Please bring these items to the unit and carefully label with your name:
- Personal care items such as a hairbrush, comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, soap, unscented lotion, deodorant, safety or electric razors and shaving cream
- Loose clothing such as track suits, socks
- Sleepwear and non-skid slippers, bathrobes
- Walking or running shoes for therapy
- Mobility aids i.e. canes, walkers
- Glucometer and insulin pen (if necessary)
- Hearing aids, eyeglasses, dentures
Other items such as photos and cards may be brought in to comfort the patient. Please arrange these items so they do not crowd patient areas or increase a patient’s risk of falling. Electrical items such as radios and hair dryers must be approved by the hospital’s maintenance department before being used. Talk with your nurse about this.
A patient’s personal clothing needs to be laundered by family on a regular basis.