GRH welcomes non-clinical co-op student placements! As a mid-sized community hospital, Grand River Hospital offers a fascinating experience in the complex world of healthcare, for students in professions ranging from human resources to finance.
Previous students have been placed in:
- Health/medical office administration roles across the hospital
- Human Resources
- Information management
- Communications and Organizational Development
- Innovation and Research
How can I arrange a placement?
If you are interested in obtaining a placement at GRH please have your academic coordinator contact GRH’s Professional Practice Coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I do once my placement has been confirmed?
If your placement at GRH has been confirmed by your school, you will need to complete the pre-placement requirements outlined in the Student Welcome Package.
As part of your registration you will be asked to complete:
- Online mandatory eLearn training through our Edge portal
- Proof of immunization
- Vulnerable Sector Screening Criminal Record Check
- Cerner or Infor Health Information System Training. For certain roles only- please speak to your supervisor to find out if you are required to complete Cerner or Infor training.
If you have specific questions about your placement regarding your schedule, dress code, etc. please contact your GRH supervisor for additional details.
Please note: Packages should be submitted 4 weeks prior to your start date. If this isn’t possible please ensure you speak to the Professional Practice Coordinator. Placements can’t begin until all pre-placement requirements have been completed and you have been cleared by the Professional Practice Coordinator.
If you have any questions regarding the placement process contact our Professional Practice Office at: