You are an important member of the care team. We are here to support you and your child. Please let us know your concerns and questions. You can help by attending scheduled family meetings, sharing information you feel is important and asking questions that you may have.
Call us if you have questions:
You can contact the unit by calling the nursing station at: 519-749-4300, ext. 2144.
Patients are given a ‘privacy code’ number which they may share with a couple of people to serve as family spokespeople. When you call you will be asked for the patient name and privacy code number. This lets staff know that you have been given the patient’s permission to share general health information with you.
Only parents, family who live in the same house/residence and approved family members such as grandparents may visit. All visitors must be over the age of 18 years. Visiting hours are:
- Monday to Friday 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday and holidays 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
In certain circumstances, staff may restrict visiting privileges, or individuals may not be up for a visit, or you may need to inquire about visiting outside regular visiting hours.
The safety of everyone (patients, visitors and our team) is our priority. We have many different supports and procedures that we use to ensure everyone’s safety. Here are some of them:
- The unit is locked. Access in and out of the unit is granted by a staff member.
- Visitors identify themselves prior to entrance to the unit and must sign in/out at the reception desk.
- Do not bring items that are considered potentially unsafe or dangerous (i.e. sharps, plastic bags, belts, cords).
- If you would like to bring a gift, it is best to check with staff first if it is allowed or is not recommended. Expensive gifts are not recommended. Some gifts may be ‘unsafe’ for the individual or other patients.
- Wash your hands regularly. Good hand hygiene helps control the spread of infectious diseases.
We can all contribute to a safe environment. If you feel uncomfortable, feel there is an issue that is unsafe for you or for others or have a suggestion, please let the care team know.