GRH offers a child and adolescent inpatient mental health unit at its KW Campus, at 835 King Street West in Kitchener.
Here’s what you need to know about the unit
- The inpatient mental health unit provides care for children and youth 17 years of age and under, who live in Waterloo Wellington;
- Admissions are arranged through the emergency departments of Grand River Hospital and other hospital emergency departments in Waterloo Wellington;
- This is a secure 13-bed short stay unit for patients who are having difficulty functioning or participating in day-to-day routines and require the safety and intensity of a hospital admission; and
- There is a secured observation area for individuals who need the highest level of care in a safe environment.
This unit is on the first floor of the G wing at our KW Campus. To get to child and adolescent inpatient mental health unit, please:
- Come to the KW Campus revolving main door. You will be on the third floor; and
- Take the D wing elevators down to the first floor. Turn right after leaving the elevator, turn right to walk down the hall, and right again to go to G wing.
You can telephone the unit by calling the nursing station at: 519-749-4300 ext. 2144.