GRH offers an adult inpatient mental health unit at its KW Campus, at 835 King Street West in Kitchener.
Here’s what you need to know about the unit
- Admissions to the inpatient unit are through the emergency department or our outpatient services;
- This is a 52-bed short stay unit for patients who require the safety and intensity of a hospital admission; and
- Six of these beds are in a more secured area called the psychiatric intensive care area or PICA which is for individuals who need the highest level of care in a secure and safe environment.
This unit is on the first floor of the F wing at our KW Campus. To get to adult inpatient mental health unit, please:
- Come to the KW Campus revolving main door. You will be on the third floor; and
- Take the D wing elevators down to the first floor. Turn down the hallway between and behind the elevators towards F wing; or
- You can also enter the first floor mental health unit from the Mount Hope Street entrance.
You can telephone the unit by calling the nursing station at: 519-749-4300 extension 2313.
Getting here- KW Campus
This service is located at the KW Campus, 835 King Street West in Kitchener.KW Campus: 835 King Street West, KitchenerKW Campus parking info