GRH's Health Care Centre Pharmacy provides medications for our staff, for patients being discharged, those visiting our outpatient clinics and members of our local community.
GRH owns and operates Health Care Centre Pharmacy. All of its profits go back into supporting patient care at the hospital.
The Health Care Centre Pharmacy has two locations at GRH's KW Campus, at 835 King Street West in Kitchener.
- In the main lobby (next to Tim Horton's) of the hospital’s KW Campus; and
- NEW In the Grand River Regional Cancer Centre, on the fourth floor.
We offer the following services:
Main retail pharmacy location
- Prescription and non-prescription medications, including specialty cancer and dialysis drugs;
- Professional medication counselling;
- Breastfeeding supplies and baby items;
- Health care items such as reachers, splints, crutches, etc;
- Compliance packaging of medication;
- Health and beauty aids;
- Ostomy and incontinence products; and
- Home delivery.
Cancer Centre location: a full prescription service and select over-the-counter products
The main lobby location is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm and on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
The Cancer Centre's pharmacy location is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
You can reach the Health Care Centre Pharmacy by calling 519-749-4227 or by fax at 519-749-4327.
Cathy McEwan: providing support in the Health Care Centre Pharmacy for 23 yearsNovember 18, 2016
Cathy McEwan has had a first-hand view of patients’ changing needs through her work at GRH’s retail pharmacy.
GRH’s retail pharmacy expands to offer more convenient service for cancer patientsOctober 21, 2016
Patients at Grand River Hospital’s Regional Cancer Centre have a more convenient option to pick up prescriptions. GRH has completed an expansion to the Health Care Centre Pharmacy, the hospital’s retail pharmacy service.
De-cluttering? We’ll help with your medicine cabinet at GRH's Health Care Centre PharmacyFebruary 19, 2016
Have old medication? GRH's Health Care Centre Pharmacy is ready to help get rid of it for you safely!