See some of the services offered at GRH's Health Care Centre Pharmacy
GRH's Health Care Centre Pharmacy provides medications for our staff, for patients being discharged, those visiting our outpatient clinics and members of our local community.
GRH owns and operates Health Care Centre Pharmacy. All of its profits go back into supporting patient care at the hospital.
The Health Care Centre Pharmacy has two locations at GRH's KW Campus, at 835 King Street West in Kitchener.
- In the main lobby (next to Tim Horton's) of the hospital’s KW Campus; and
- In the Grand River Regional Cancer Centre, on the fourth floor.
We offer the following services:
Main retail pharmacy location
- Prescription and non-prescription medications, including specialty cancer and dialysis drugs;
- Professional medication counselling;
- Breastfeeding supplies and baby items;
- A much wider range of home health care supplies such as reachers, splints, crutches, Rollators, etc;
- Compliance packaging of medication;
- Health and beauty aids;
- Ostomy and incontinence products; and
- Home delivery.
Cancer Centre location: a full prescription service and select over-the-counter products
- The main lobby location is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm and on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
- The Cancer Centre's pharmacy location is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
You can reach the Health Care Centre Pharmacy by calling 519-749-4227 or by fax at 519-749-4327.
GRH officially re-opens Health Care Centre PharmacyFebruary 14, 2018
Grand River Hospital's Health Care Centre Pharmacy retail pharmacy has officially re-opened in the front lobby of the KW Campus. The renovation has provided a larger and brighter space, with new products to support patients. GRH owns the pharmacy, with net proceeds supporting care at the hospital.
Look inside GRH's newly-renovated Health Care Centre PharmacyFebruary 12, 2018
GRH's Health Care Centre Pharmacy has re-opened following a major renovation. Take a look inside to see how the expanded pharmacy can help you.
Partnership provides naloxone rescue kits to emergency patients at risk of an opioid overdoseDecember 12, 2016
Care providers at Grand River Hospital’s emergency department have a new harm reduction tool to help save the lives of people at risk of an opioid overdose.
Cathy McEwan: providing support in the Health Care Centre Pharmacy for a quarter centuryNovember 18, 2016
Cathy McEwan has had a first-hand view of patients’ changing needs through her work at GRH’s retail pharmacy.
GRH’s retail pharmacy expands to offer more convenient service for cancer patientsOctober 21, 2016
Patients at Grand River Hospital’s Regional Cancer Centre have a more convenient option to pick up prescriptions. GRH has completed an expansion to the Health Care Centre Pharmacy, the hospital’s retail pharmacy service.
De-cluttering? We’ll help with your medicine cabinet at GRH's Health Care Centre PharmacyFebruary 19, 2016
Have old medication? GRH's Health Care Centre Pharmacy is ready to help get rid of it for you safely!